Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 10 - The Wedding

When I started planning this trip last year I knew I wanted to do it on the same days that my grandfather did it. It just so happened that the days of the week lined up so May 5th was a Wednesday both in 1937 and in 2010. Pretty cool I thought. Then I found out that my sister Lynn was getting married in Seattle and it was going to line up perfectly with the schedule for the trip. So perfectly in fact that my grandfather stopped for 3 days in Coos Bay, OR over the same time I would be stopping in Seattle, WA. This trip was suppose to happen!

Anyway, in Seattle I agreed to photograph my sisters wedding. It was a small intimate affair on the water. She got married at Ray's Boat House. It was pretty amazing.

Here's the deck that she got married on. It overlooks a bay in the sound. I got many pics with boats coming in behind the wedding party.

I was having a little fun here and shot a pic of the reflection in one of the mirrors they were using to get ready.

Here's Lynn and Taylor walking over to the venue after getting ready in the bridal suite across the street.

The wedding was perfect. It was an absolutely gorgeous day! The venue was amazing, the people were awesome, the food was phenomenal... you just couldn't ask for anything else. Here's Lynn & Dan after lighting the unity candle.

After the ceremony we went out to the dock where they still launch boats and took some pics. This is the iconic RAY'S sign.

Here's the happy new couple swinging on the boat launch.

And of course one of the photographer with the new couple.

On the other side of the deck was some wisteria that made for a great background. This is Dan & Lynn with Lynn's son Brandon. Brandon was on the road trip with me out to Seattle.

For a fun evening activity after the wedding we all went on the ferry to Bainbridge Island. It was a quick ride but provided some great views of Seattle. Here's a pic of my dad and I with the city in the background.

This is on Bainbridge Island. It's a pretty chill village with a lot of little shops and restaurants.

Of course we all found a great little Mexican watering hole and proceeded to celebrate the new couple as well as the grooms mom who was also celebrating a birthday on the same day.

All in all it was a fantastic day! I had a great time at the wedding. I think I got some great shots that the new couple will like (at least I'm hoping!) and two families got to celebrate the union of two great people. I think my grandpa would approve of the slight detour off of his route.

No comments:

Post a Comment